My system hangs when I disconnect the DataVault
Check to see if the Green LED light is still flashing.
If you disconnect the DataVault when data is transferring, your system may lock up and data loss can occur. Always check that DataVault is not transferring data before disconnecting it.
Follow the proper procedure to disconnect DataVault from the system. If DataVault is not properly disconnected from the system, the system may lock up or data loss can occur. Please use the following steps.
- Close any open files or programs (including any open windows on those programs) to ensure that the drive is not in use.
- On the right hand side of the taskbar, locate the Unplug or Eject Hardware icon.
If the Unplug or Eject Hardware icon is present:
- Right-click the Unplug or Eject Hardware icon, highlight your drive and then click Safely Remove.
- Double-click the Unplug or Eject Hardware icon.
- Click the device component listed for your drive and click the Stop button.
- Check that the drive is not in use.
- Click the drive icon and then drag it onto the trash.