How do I format the Datavault correctly?
- Check your operating system
Operating System FAT 32 (limited to 32 GB) NTFS (limited to 320 GB) Windows 98 or lower Applicable N/A Windows 2000 or later Applicable Preferred
- Format your cartridge in accordance with the applicable file system.(Refer to the table above)
Formatting on Windows 2000 or later
- Right click on My Computer icon > Manage > Disk Management
- Right click on the databook column, which is usually represented by Unknown disk if the format is not recognizable or has been corrupt. Follow the steps to write the signature. After the drive letter shows up (eg: E, F, or G..) Right click on the adjacent column to partition the cartridge. (See picture 1 & 2)
Using a lower disk space than the maximum allocated will leave the remaining space unallocated, which can be further partitioned.
Click finish on the following screen to complete the partition.
- The cartridge should now show up on the My Computer Screen
- Use the CD given with the Rigid backup unit